Some orthodontic conditions are better treated early, which is why the American Association of Orthodontists recommends all children have their first exam at age 8.
As your orthodontist, Dr. Inocencio will examine your child’s teeth and identify conditions that will require early intervention. Photographs and x-rays will be taken of your child’s teeth and mouth. He will meet with you to explain in detail your child’s specific treatment needs.
During consultations you have the opportunity to ask questions and get advice on any concerns you may have regarding your child’s oral health, and treatment. Dr. Inocencio will ensure to answer all your questions.
When it is necessary, our goal is to finish this early treatment as soon as possible! These short months go a long way in creating a beautiful healthy smile.
What can be accomplished with early treatment?
- Correcting cross bites
- Alleviating crowding of teeth that are blocking adult teeth from erupting
- Holding space for adult teeth that will be erupting in the future
- Preventing tooth impaction (teeth getting stuck in the bone)
- Improving facial asymmetries
- Reducing the need to extract adult teeth due to crowding
If early orthodontic intervention is not necessary, as your orthodontist, Dr Inocencio will carefully monitor growth and development and recommend treatment at the appropriate time.